As much as we had hoped that we could begin the 2020 season on schedule, it is now clear that will not be possible. But, the season is still ON! Just delayed. See our home page for the revised schedule for the 2020 season:
In terms of registration, we understand and appreciate that signing up for softball may not be a high priority right now with the uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, the season, and personal finances. That is completely understandable. That said, we all hope to be playing as soon as possible, and registration is open for those who are able to register.
Here are updates regarding registration:
- Registration will be extended and remain open through May 10.
- Registrations received after May 10 will be placed on a waiting list. It is hoped that all post-May 10 registrants will be placed on a team, but that is dependent upon having enough coaches.
- The registration fee will remain $120 per player, but there will not be a price increase for those who register later in the process.
- If a parent has lost a job due to COVID-19, we want to help. Your child(ren) will automatically receive a 50% discount on the registration fee - just fill out the financial aid application at the bottom of this page before registering and e-mail it to our League President, Lenny Segal.
- What if the season gets canceled? That is not something any of us want and remains an absolute last resort! That said, if guidance from the CDC and public health authorities makes it clear that cancellation is necessary, you will receive a full refund of your 2020 registration fee or you can apply your fee towards the 2021 season.
To all of our GVGS families, please take care of yourselves and each other. Stay healthy, stay safe, and we will see you just as soon as we can!
We will communicate with parents/registrants via e-mail. Please place Golden Valley Girls Softball on your "safe senders" list and check your junk and spam folders to make sure you don't miss any communications from GVGS. These emails will be sent from one of two email accounts - either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Updated League Fee for 2020
$120 per child if register on or before May 10, 2020. After May 10, the fee will remain the same but the registrant will be placed on a waiting list and is not guaranteed a spot on a team.
If a parent has lost a job due to COVID-19, the fee will be discounted by 50%. Complete the registration application at the bottom of this page before registering.
Partial financial aid for registration is available upon request (see below for details) If requesting financial assistance do not register your child until we respond to the request.
Players placed on the waiting list will be required to pay the registration fee of $120.00 and attend evaluations.
Fees are not refundable after evaluations (except for any registrants on the waiting list who do not get placed on a team). Please note, anyone purchasing RegSaver Registration Insurance during the registration process is purchasing insurance from AIG via SportsEngine, not from or through GVGS. All claim information can be found by clicking HERE!
We cannot accept friend requests as we form teams via a draft process to make teams as even as possible. Rideshare requests will be communicated to coaches, but not guaranteed.
GVGS accepts girls from any city, not just Golden Valley! Only girls who are currently in 3rd through 12th grades are eligible to register for GVGS.
Please contact Jeffrey Prottas for questions regarding registration:
GVGS offers a limited number of need-based scholarships to make playing in the League accessible to as many girls as possible. We believe that finances should not be a barrier to participation.
Please submit the application below to be considered for up to half off the early and regular registration fees for the upcoming season. In most instances, assistance is not provided for late registration but is considered on a case-by-case basis.
Applications may be returned by mail or e-mail. However, with Brookview (where we receive our mail) closed due to COVID-19, mailing your application may delay a response. As such, we recommend submitting via e-mail to Lenny Segal at firstname.lastname@example.org.